- President - David R. Sowell, Archival Technical Services, Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville
- Vice President/President Elect - Susan Knight Gore, Archivist, Historical Foundation of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Memphis
- Secretary - Albert Whittenberg, Information Technology Division, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro
- Treasurer - Carol Roberts, Preservation Services Division, Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville
- Newsletter Co-editor - Steven Cox, Lupton Library, Special Collections, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- Newsletter Co-editor - Andrea Fowler, Trevecca Nazarene University, Nashville
- Archivist - David R. Sowell, Archival Technical Services, Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville
- Webmaster -
Lori Lockhart, Archival Technical Services, Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville
- SAC Representative - Kathleen I. Smith, Jean & Alexander Heard Library, Special Collections & University Archives, Vanderbilt University, Nashville
The Society of Tennessee Archivists was founded to enhance the educational development and professional standing of those who work or have an interest in archives, special collections, records management, and allied disciplines.
The Society of Tennessee Archivists invites membership from all persons interested in Tennessee's archives and historical resources. Membership is on a calendar-year basis. Currently, one meeting is held each year.
The Society of Tennessee Archivists, along with organizations from the states of Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi, is a member of the Southern Archives Conference (SAC). SAC meetings are held biennially, with the participating states taking turns hosting the event.
STA publishes a quarterly newsletter and invites contributions from members and non-members.
Check out the 2014 Tennessee Archives Month Poster!
read more here...
Read the latest Executive Committee minutes.
read more here...
Interested in Applying for the Mary C. Barnes Scholarship?